Deceased spouse had a reverse mortgage, now what?
	The ability to remain in the home comes courtesy of an FHA program called the Mortgagee Optional Election, or MOE assignment, say the experts at 
	The program permits the lender to allow a surviving spouse to continue to live in the home, even when the surviving spouse isn't listed on the loan document as a borrower, says Sarah Mancini, an attorney at the National Consumer Law Center, a nonprofit organization in Washington, D.C.
How to keep the home 
after your spouse dies
	When your spouse gets a reverse mortgage without putting your name on the loan, you can be at risk of losing the home after your spouse dies. The FHA's Mortgagee Optional Election assignment program is designed to allow nonborrowing widows and widowers to keep their homes.
	* You must have been married when your spouse got the reverse mortgage, and you must have remained married.
	* The home has to be your principal residence.
	* Taxes and insurance must be paid up.
	Contact your mortgage servicer to request an MOE assignment.